Read the Babson reunion article on Gloucester Daily Times.
Greetings from New England. We are looking forward to the 2023 Babson Reunion on Saturday, August 5th, with check in beginning at 10:30 AM in the field next to the James Babson Museum in Rockport.
Click here for your first opportunity to register and to choose your luncheon meal, as well as a special edition commemorative bowl handcrafted by Cape Ann artist Nina Goodick. The Babson Historical Association has contracted with Woodman’s of Essex for numerous reunion meals over the years, and their New England Clambake is a classic.
As there is finite space for attendees under the tent, as well as parking in the field next to the James Babson Museum, anyone planning to attend the reunion must order their meal in advance. In order to allow Woodmans enough time to manage all the meal choices, there is a July 1st cutoff date for reservations. We cannot accommodate any walk-ins, so please plan on registering/ordering meals as early as possible. We’re looking forward to another fun family gathering.
CALLING ALL BABSON ACTORS AND CREW!!
As part of this summer’s Babson Reunion we will stage a performance of “Babsons Through History” a light-hearted musical skit retelling key events for the Babson family from 1637 – 1930s. We need a narrator (non-singing part), a balladeer, 10-12 singing cast members, a 5-7 year-old boy and 2-3 crew members. We may also be able to use some musicians to augment the band.
The musical numbers are all well-known tunes with different lyrics:
- “Did They Ever Return?” Sung by Balladeer and Band (To the tune of “Charlie on the MTA” Steiner /Lomax))
- “I’m a Yankee Doodle Babson” Sung by “Isabel” and “James” (To the tune of “Yankee Doodle” Traditional American Song)
- “The Ballad of Ebenezer Babson” Sung by “Ebenezer” with help from his “nephew ” and The Bear (To the tune of “The Ballad of Davy Crockett” G. Bruns )
- “Babsons Sailed Over the Ocean” Sung by Babson sea captains and their wives (To the tune of “My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean” Traditional Folk Song)
- “There’s No Business Like Stock Business” Sung by “Roger Babson” (To the tune of “There’s No Business Like Show Business” (Note: Start at 43 seconds) I. Berlin)
- “I’m a Yankee Doodle Babson” Reprise Sing-Along Sung by Cast
Hal Babson 1976 Reunion Short Footage
We host our Babson Reunions every 5 years. The next reunion is scheduled for August 5, 2023, at the James Babson Museum in Rockport.